“Experience a rare authentic performance of our ancient heritage from the era of Pre-Christian times up to today”
Ka’ara simply means drums. From the moment you arrive you will hear and feel the drums of our forefathers. This cultural extravaganza includes a village tour, marae tapu lifting, Kia Orana cocktail, traditional umu feast and the pulsating cultural show featuring the “E Matike” dance troupe.
The entire night is hosted by the descendants of the Tinomana tribe. Friday nights are great for family bookings as we feature a special number by the littlest tribe members.
Return transfers are complimentary.
- Tours operate every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Pick up times Town & Muri 5.15-5.30pm; Titikaveka & Arorangi 5.15-5.30pm
- Show times 6.00pm – 9.30pm
- Show indoors, village tour weather permitting
- Vegetarian options available
- Includes: Evening transport with guides on board, historic village experience, marae tapu lifting, warrior welcome, cocktail, authentic umu feast and spectacular cultural dance show.
RATES (New Zealand Dollars)
CHILD 6-11YRS $70.00
Under 5YRS FOC
Includes transfers and traditional umu feast
Family (Anau) Package
2 Adults and 2 children $410.00
2 Adults and 3 children $480.00
Group Rates (tour leader FOC with minimum of 15 paying pax)
11-20 $130.00 per person
21+ $125.00 per person