“Discover magnificent King Tinomana’s life story and hidden mountain village brought to life by his descendants”
The last village settlement on Rarotonga belongs to the Tinomana tribe. It is nestled 509 metres above sea level in Maungaroa Valley..
Our experienced guides take you on an intriguing tour of the village as you learn stories of tribal warfare, navigation and experience parts of everyday village life such as weaving and drumming. Included is a visit to the new Museum & Cultural Learning Centre.
A traditional umu lunch is also included in this extensive day tours.
Return transfers are complimentary
- Tours operate every Tuesday and Thursday however we can operate on other days on request with numbers of 20 or more.
- Tour times 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Minimum of 10 people required for FULL
TOUR to operate/Maximum 100+
- Outdoor tour therefore weather permitting
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Three hours at Highland Paradise – Visit prehistory worshipping places, chiefly house sites, ancient sacrificial sites, reconstructed tribal buildings including the Learning Centre.
RATES (New Zealand Dollars)
CHILD 6-11YRS $55.00
Under 5YRS FOC
Includes transfers and refreshments
Family (Anau) Package
2 Adults and 2 children $310.00
2 Adults and 3 children $ 365.00
Group Rates (tour leader FOC with minimum of 15 paying pax)
11-20 $95.00 per person
21+ $91.00 per person